(THE BLOG WAS NOT FORGOTTEN--FINALLY BACK ON A COMPUTER THAT IS NOT SO ANCIENT!)Quotes from Gov. Palin from Andrew Sullivan's blog:
That's the reason for an oil pipeline:
"I think God's will has to be done in unifying people and companies to get that gas line built, so pray for that."
Much, much more disturbing is her describing the occupation of a Muslim country thus:
"Pray for our military men and women who are striving to do what is right. Also, for this country, that our leaders, our national leaders, are sending [U.S. soldiers] out on a task that is from God. That's what we have to make sure that we're praying for, that there is a plan and that that plan is God's plan."
Andrew's Comments: The drama that could unfold in the next few days is simply immense. The emotions involved - especially among the Christianist base who have immediately bonded on purely religious and cultural terms with Palin - are epic. What I fear is some kind of pure emotional-religious wave that redefines the GOP for ever as a purely religious party, swamps all genuine questions about governance, celebrates this woman as the epitome of modern conservatism and rides the tidal wave of fundamentalist fervor to the White House.
This is not what McCain intended or wanted.
He wanted a reformer. He's got a saint. He doesn't understand the profound forces he has unleashed with this pick, especially when all the facts are on the table. I predict that as this story develops, it will be Palin who is effectively running for president for the GOP. Or if she is forced to withdraw, McCain will be forced back to Romney, but they will blame Palin's demise on the liberal media, and hoist Palin like a martyred mascot on a freight train.
- OBAMA'S TO LOSE
- SARAH SIX-PACK
- Ohio Early Voting Starts Today
- NBC'S POLITICAL DIRECTOR'S OBSERVATIONS-
- ELECTION PROJECTIONS DONE RIGHT
- From Newsweek
- OBAMA ON FACE THE NATION SUNDAY
- State Polls Update
- McCain camp raising town halls again as pressure b...
- INSIGHT INTO BAIL-OUT
- OXFORD, MISSISSIPPI
- CBS/NEW YORK TIMES POLL
- McCain's Day in DC
- OBAMA'S OWN TOWNHALL?
- Marist Battleground Polls
- WASHINGTON POST/ABC NEWS POLL!!!!!!!!!!
- Obama's Record Uneven as a Debater
- Biden Repudiates Obama Ad On McCain's Computer Use...
- DAILY TRACKING POLL 9/22/08
- FACTORS MORE IMPORTANT THAN FINANCIAL IN THE CAMPA...
- OBAMA'S STEADY HAND
- A DEBATE'S HIGH STAKES
- McCain's Bad Week
- TiVo/VCR Alert
- FLORIDA, LONG WAY FROM ALASKA
- Poll Numbers--Friday, 9/19/08
- McCain's New Slogan
- A New McCain on the Campaign Trail
- Sarah's Strange SNL Story
- Latest Time/CNN Battleground Polls
- DAILY POLLING UPDATE--WED. 9/17/08
- TWO FACES OF JOHN MCCAIN
- OBAMA RETOOLING AFTER PALIN BOUNCE
- Michelle Obama Blogger
- COLIN POWELL UNDECIDED
- PALIN-OBSESSED PHASE MIGHT BE OVER
- Women Voters
- FIRED OFFICIAL--TRUTH NOT TOLD
- THE RACE AS IT STANDS TODAY, 9/15/08
- OBAMA ON GOOD MORNING AMERICA, MONDAY, 9/15
- OBAMA RAISES $66 MILLION, 500,000 NEW DONORS
- The Neocons' Manchurian Candidate
- OBAMA MAY HAVE BANNER FUNDRAISING MONTH
- SATURDAY READING
- HOW GREAT IS THIS SLOGAN?
- OBAMA CANCELS APPEARANCE ON SNL
- Pres. Clinton's advice to Obama
- The "Straight Talk Express" has detoured into doub...
- OBAMA ON SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE
- Question for Sarah
- BILL CLINTON PREDICTS OBAMA WILL WIN
- Obama Advancing On The Ground, Under Pollsters' Ra...
- OBAMA/MCCAIN LIVE ON CNN TONIGHT
- BILL CLINTON TO CAMPAIGN FOR OBAMA/BIDEN
- BATTLEGROUND NUMBERS
- JOE BIDEN SPEAKS
- OBAMA ON LETTERMAN TONIGHT
- BUY THIS BOOK!!!!
- Wal-Mart Moms
- OBAMA ON O'REILLY TONIGHT (8:00PM) FOX
- POLLS AND OTHER NEWS
- DAVID BROOKS OP-ED
- STANDING STILL...
- POST-CONVENTION MAP AND QUESTIONS FOR SARAH
- OBAMA MEDIA APPEARANCES
- IN THE END...
- YAHHH JOE BIDEN!!!
- ON THE SUNDAY SHOWS
- FIVE BEST AND WORSE THINGS FOR MCCAIN
- ANDREW SULLIVAN'S BLOG
- OBAMA MEDIA APPEARANCES
- OBAMA MEDIA APPEARANCES & OTHER NEWS
- McCain Sees Changed Map with Palin
- OBAMA ON O'REILLY THURSDAY NIGHT
- Obama's Convention Bounce
- Sarah Palin and God's Will
- ▼ September (77)